DEALING WITH ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOUR
We will respond to all complaints of anti-social behaviour about our tenants and their families or visitors. We will take all reports of antisocial behaviour seriously. We will enact an immediate investigation and let you know the outcome.
DO YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE?
Talk to the person committing the anti-social behaviour if you feel confident and comfortable enough to do so. When people live close together, they don’t necessarily realise that they are disturbing others. Explain to them (politely) that they are causing a problem.
WHEN TO CONTACT US
If you are also an AccordWest tenant and have tried to speak to the person committing the anti-social behaviour without success, or don’t feel that it is appropriate to speak to them, please contact the Homelessness and Housing Team and explain the problems you are experiencing.
If you are a neighbour of an AccordWest tenant who you believe is acting in an anti-social way, please contact our head office on 08 9729 9000 during office hours where you will be directed to the appropriate staff member.
CONTACT OTHER AGENCIES
It is important that you also report antisocial behaviour to other appropriate agencies.
• Excessive noise should be reported to the Environmental Health Department at your local council.
• Criminal activity should be reported to the police.
• Emergencies should be reported to 000.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
• We take a zero-tolerance approach to anti-social behaviour and will work in partnership with other agencies, such as the police, to prevent and respond to antisocial behaviour and crime.
• When you report anti-social behaviour to us, we will contact you within our agreed response times and give you the name of the person dealing with your case.
• We will treat reports of anti-social behaviour confidentially.
• We will agree on an action plan with you, advising of what we can do and what you can do to resolve things.
• We will keep you informed of any progress but also expect you to keep in contact with us until the issue is resolved.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR TENANTS
We expect our tenants to keep to the terms of the tenancy agreement and not act in an anti-social way.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTERWARDS?
After we have investigated your complaint, we will;
• Tell you about any action we have taken to deal with the problem;
• Tell you if/why we are not able to act; and
• Help you to try and find another solution.
We will not reveal your identity unless you agree that we can. We may need to share your information with other agencies but will ask for your permission before we do this.